Are you ready for a career in solar? UMA Solar, manufacturer and distributor of the industry's highest-performing solar products for residential and commercial applications nationwide, is now hiring at the corporate office in Altamonte Springs, Florida.
The Solar Energy Industries Association predicts that by 2016, increased demand for residential and commercial solar installations will add hundreds of thousands of U.S. jobs in research and development, manufacturing, construction, sales and marketing, and other fields. Have you considered joining the “green collar” workforce?
UMA Solar is seeking candidates for the following positions within the Marketing and Engineering departments:
Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for content management, graphic design, research, and much more. This position is an integral part of the marketing department. The right candidate will be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team. There is a lot of freedom of creativity with this position, but with that includes the responsibility of producing results. Below is only an overview of the position. Each day is different and brings with it new tasks and duties.
PROFESSIONAL WRITING SKILLS
- Press releases
- Product bulletins
- Company newsletters
- Website content
- Industry articles
- Case studies
- White papers
- Literature content
ABILITY TO CONDUCT IN-DEPTH RESEARCH
- Market research
- Competitor research
- Product research
- Industry research
EXPERIENCE UTILIZING SOCIAL MEDIA TO MARKET B2B AND B2C
- Write and update company blog
- Regularly administer and update company presence on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Research and identify new social media opportunities to further promote the company and its brands.
- Assist with the production of company videos for YouTube and other web sites.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- Write website content optimized for search engines containing keywords, backlinks, social share, etc.
- General understanding of search engine marketing concepts including keyword research, metadata, and link building.
- Utilize website analytic software to determine strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Respond to dealer correspondence
- Create, prepare, and edit presentations
- Update and maintain dealer contact database
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management software
- Coordinate with sales department to make sure projects are properly implemented
- Administrative assistance and support for the Director of Marketing
EVENT PLANNING AND COORDINATION
- Company meetings
- Dealer reward trips
- Review and order necessary collateral and promotional items
- Identify marketing opportunities within tradeshows
- Inventory and organize tradeshow booths
- Analyze and recommend new tradeshow opportunities
- In need of the right candidate with a sense of urgency and project ownership to coordinate and support the Marketing Department's four goals:
2. Promote the company and its brands to the industry and general public
3. Maintain and strengthen established relationships with national network of dealers.
4. Ensure Company's business development initiatives are based on thoroughly researched market data.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Required proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects) or comparable software.
- Marketing, Public Relations, or Business degree preferred, but can be substituted with relevant experience and stable career history
- Enjoys working for a results oriented company in a casual and modern work environment
- Takes initiative
- Can work under the pressure of the occasional tight deadline
- Reports directly to Director of Marketing
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time position
- Compensation is salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits provided after 90-day probationary period.
- Eligible for company sponsored retirement plan with company match after one full year of employment.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Paid Holidays.
- Typical work week is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, but longer days and weekends are occasionally necessary based on project requirements.
Please reply with:
1. Copy of your resume and salary history
2. Cover letter detailing why you feel you are a great candidate for this position
3. Examples of previous work. This can include articles, press releases, interviews, graphics, print collateral, online collateral, videos or any other item you personally created in previous work experience.
Please submit to:
950 Sunshine Lane, Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Engineering Assistant / Experienced Engineer
- Specific knowledge in:
- Mechanical engineering
- Thermodynamics of water systems
- Modeling in programs with energy system profiles
- Capable of solving complex engineering solutions
- Familiarity with solar water heating a plus
- Familiarity with AutoCad a plus
- Familiarity with process of product certifications
- Technical writing and communication skills
Salary negotiable with experience.
Part-time or Full time position
Please submit your resume to:
950 Sunshine Lane, Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
UMA Solar manufactures and distributes the industry's highest-performing solar products for residential and commercial applications nationwide. UMA Solar features industry-leading products including Heliocol, the world's top solar pool heating systems; Solene Solar Water Heating Systems utilizing the industry's highest-rated domestic water heating systems with more than 100 OG-300 systems available; and, Heliolectric, photovoltaic (PV) solar electric equipment packages, individual components and complete systems. UMA Solar offers its products through its network of more than 700 dealers nationwide. Five distribution locations are strategically placed throughout the U.S. for convenient and continuous availability. For more information, call UMA Solar at 1-800-79-SOLAR or visit http://www.umasolar.com.